Originally posted 10/26/10
Aside from being a cat person, I'm also what I'd consider a people person. Mostly...when they're nice, anyway. I love learning odd and quirky things about my friends; this is probably because it make me feel better about my own bizarre behavior. In general, I think that cat people are peculiar in the best way possible. With this in mind, I thought I'd share five of my (questionably) endearing quirks with you. In return, please respond with something odd or interesting about yourself. It'll be some good, freaky fun!
- I love cake frosting. When I eat cake, I usually eat the cake part first and save the frosting for last. I
could eathave eaten an entire bowl of frosting in a sitting. The same goes for chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm defenseless against its sugary seduction.
- Those of you that are regular readers know that I have sort of a disturbingly vivid imagination. I often picture my cats doing human things (especially in public) and think about how people would react to the silly situations. Yesterday I was at the grocery store and immediately thought how funny it would be if one of my cats were sitting like a toddler in the seat of the shopping cart...you know, all strapped in, legs through the holes, wearing some denim overalls and a cute little red-checked shirt. I think I may have started giggling as the scenario popped into my head. This is me.all.day.long. My husband is accepting condolences. I'm accepting frosting.
- I'm a giant baby when it comes to scary movies and haunted houses. Can't, won't, nope.
- I like to read the thesaurus. I own two large ones, a pocket-sized one, and I have the website at the top of my bookmarks. I'm a word nerd. Lexicon lover. Vocabulary maniac. Jargon aficionado.
- Cosmo the cat joins me in the bathroom when I shower. Many times, I make up songs and sing to him while I am showering. He sits between the curtain and the liner and bats at me while I serenade him. I'm pretty sure that means he loves my songs. Pretty sure.
So there's a little peek into Angie's brain. Still with me? There's plenty more where that came from, but I promised to only embarrass my kids a little at a time. I wonder if the cats are embarrassed by my strange thoughts and behavior? Phoebe?
Good. I don't want to lose my edge... Now, what's one of your fabulous quirks? Can you see me leaning in? Do tell ...