GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
Winner: Dee K.
Winner: Dee K.
I'd seen the new ceramic fountain from PetSafe and, based on my positive past experience with their products (lest we forget the all-powerful Lickety Stik), decided they'd be my go-to source again. And whaddaya know? I happened to run into Natalie from PetSafe at the BlogPaws conference last month. She was more than happy to send me one of the cool ceramic fountain to review AND generously gave Catladyland one (retail: $99.95) to give away to a loyal reader! Woo-hoo!
But first, let me tell you about my experience with the fountain. Natalie said I could choose between the Avalon and Pagoda models. Based on my space, I chose the square-shaped Pagoda. When it arrived, the cats were SO excited ... for the box. Of course, Phoebe was the first one to plop her butt inside of it. Note Cosmo's jealousy from afar. Envy is his favorite flavor.
I'll just be honest with this next part: I hate directions. I would rather open a box and intuitively put something together. Or if there are directions, they need to be beyond simple or I start panicking and eventually give up. I did need the directions for this little number, but it was super-easy to assemble. Panic attack averted!
I really like the shiny, clean look and ease of cleaning. With the 360 Fountain, I found I had to scrub the plastic a little bit, but with the smooth ceramic, cleaning was a dream. Who doesn't love dreamy cleaning?
Because Phoebe was the most intrigued with the fountain from the beginning, she was the first to inspect it once it was up and running. After a brief standoff, she dove that little pink tongue right in and enjoyed some cool refreshment. Check it out:
Here are some fast facts about the Pagoda fountain:
- Holds 70 ounces of water
- Replaceable charcoal filter
- Low-voltage, 12V system -- motor is quiet
- There's only one type of stream, so the sound of the trickling water may be loud to some. I was accustomed to the 360 Fountain, which has adjustable streams for the water trickle. The sound doesn't bother me at all. It sounds like the babbling brook sound from one of those relaxation CDs, which I find mesmerizing. That reminds me ... I really need to get to a babbling brook sometime.
Alrighty, I know this is what you're really waiting for -- here are the details for the giveaway. Please read carefully!
- You must comment WITH YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS and indicate interest in qualifying for the giveaway.
- The giveaway opens at 6:00 a.m. CDT today (6/18/13) and closes at 11:59 p.m. CDT on Sunday, 6/23/13.
- The giveaway is open to readers in the 48 states.
- Once contacted, you will have 48 hours to respond or another name will be drawn.
- Winners will be chosen via randomizer.org.
Thank you to PetSafe for this delicious giveaway opportunity!!
Full disclosure: PetSave provided Catladyland with the fountain; however all opinions here are my own.