Sunday, November 22, 2009
Slip of the Hip
It appears that I'm catching some crap for my fan-girl-gaga over the Twilight series and, specifically, being over-the-New-Moon about the latest movie. Listen here, I'm not above admitting that I have what some might call 'uncool tendencies' -- I've unabashedly blogged about my sometimes-sub-hipness and am not ashamed to share a few more nuggets of nerdom and panache for peculiarity.
* On the rare occasion that my family goes out to dinner, I enjoy arriving at the restaurant on the early side...like no later than 5:00. I can't stand crowds and cannot wait until my age qualifies me for the early bird specials so I can be seated right away and score a meal-deal.
* The other day I wore a hairband with little cat faces imprinted on the fabric. Cat accessories = one step closer to official eccentricity.
* I was just thinking about American Idol coming on again in January and getting a little excited about it. Hush.
* I still can barely keep my eyes open past 9:00pm, thus becoming a stranger to the likes of any shows with CSI, SVU, or NCIS in the title.
* I enjoy reading the Official Scrabble Player's Dictionary. I can't tell you who the name of the main character in the latest Stephen King novel is, but I can tell you chalazia (an eyelid tumor...yummy) is a word and will score you some major points if placed properly.
* The other day I was grooving in my mini-van(one uncool point) to some Seals and Croft (another point)... and I was probably wearing sweatpants(one more point). Plus there was the bonus possibility of embarrassing my children if this trifecta occurred as I pulled up to the school in the afternoon. Nice!
So there you have it. Come make fun of me all you like...you can find me first in line at the early bird buffet. I'll be the one whose children are standing five feet behind her -- the lady with the cat earrings and Edward Cullen t-shirt.