Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Falling into a New Year -- or Yet Another Reason Angie is a Little Odd
Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year. I know most people consider January first to be the beginning of a new year, a clean slate of sorts, but fall is that time for me. I think it's because the new school year always brought that promise of possibility with it... the fresh loose leaf paper, the shiny new kitten-covered Trapper Keeper, the un-chewed #2 pencils. That first day of school was brimming with opportunities for meeting new friends, scoring a teacher that might explain math in a way that I could finally understand, and meeting that perfect boyfriend. Looking back, I met every important boyfriendy-type person in the fall. Interesting. Anyway, since autumn seems New-Yearish for me, break open the champagne, toss some confetti, and lay a big ol smooch on me -- here are my resolutions!
1. Relax and enjoy life a little more than I already do
2. Continue to get my health in order so I can better participate in #1
3. Create a hairball-catching sack that Saffy can wear around her neck
4. Spend more one-on-one time with my kids
5. Read every day
6. Spend more time with friends
7. Remember to hide my teddy bear when I make up my bed so I don't walk in on Cosmo mid-bear-violation as often
8. Talk to my sister more regularly
9. Go on more outings with my mom
10. Teach Phoebe to play Scrabble -- the only reason I haven't done this yet is because that cat is smarter than I am and I'm skeered.
There! Some of you may think that resolutions in September are a little odd, but I think every day -- no, every moment -- presents itself with opportunity for creating something new. Plus, I've never been what you'd call "typical," why start now?