I will play Scrabble anytime, anywhere. I'm not the most fantastic player, but I absolutely adore the game. In a recent daydream of sorts, I was thinking about all the ways a game of Scrabble parallels life. Yeah, I'm pretty deep...
* The number of tiles you lay on the board isn't always what's important. Sometimes a single letter produces major points.
* Planning and strategy are important, but getting attached to your next move gets you in trouble -- the board is always changing!
* Intentional words are always the best kind.
* Making time to play with friends is fun.
* We can celebrate and build off each others' successes.
* Sometimes you end up with a rack full of vowels...time to get creative! How about EUOUAE?" It's a word. Don't believe me? Look it up.
* Learning new words from other players only helps you play better next time.
*Life is short...it's ok to turn in your tiles for a new set every once in a while!