Now that the weather is nice here in Minnesota, I enjoy walking most of the days during the week. I just learned about a way I can help shelter animals while I walk. What a deal, right? Heck, it will probably even encourage me to get out and walk more often!
ResQWalk is a brand new iPhone application (Android not available just yet) that tracks your walking distance and then pays your chosen shelter/s. Here's how it works:
1. Download the FREE app.
2. When you're ready to go for a walk, log in with either your Facebook or Twitter sign-on.
3. See weekly donation pool, and choose the shelter/s you'd like to support.
4. Begin walk.
5. GPS tracks your route.
6. Pause walk as needed, and then indicate when your walk is completed.
7. At the end of the walk, you get to see your results, and receive an award.
8. At the end of the week, donations are paid out to the various rescues proportionally to the total distance walked. ResQWalk tracks both miles and kilometers.
Here's a short overview of the app:
At this time there are 450 shelters available to support via the app, although any shelter is welcome to sign up on the site to participate at no cost.
Currently the donation pool is comprised of the donations from ResQWalk's Indiegogo campaign. There are several companies interested in supporting the app, but want to see that there's interest in users accessing and utilizing it. This is where you come in! In addition to downloading the app, please visit the campaign page to learn more about ResQWalk. Donations are accepted through the end of the day on July 2.
On top of to the walking-to-support-a-shelter part (which is cool all by itself!), the app will also offer shopping for pet and pet-related products, as well as the opportunity to read select content from popular pet blogs.
So, to sum everything up, here are the ways you can help:
- Download and use the app.
- Visit ResQWalk's site to learn more about the program.
- Visit ResQWalk's Indiegogo campaign page, and donate by July 2, if you can.
- Like ResQWalk on Facebook.
- Follow ResQWalk on Twitter.
- If your favorite shelter isn't part of the app, encourage them to sign up at no cost.
- Shop and visit the pet-blog content on the app.
- Share this post or any (or all) of the ResQWalk-related sites and pages.
What an easy way to get some exercise and help shelter animals -- grab your walking shoes!
This is a sponsored post. Although ResQWalk paid us to feature this content, Catladyland only shares topics we feel are relevant to our readers.