Yesterday it snowed a lot in Minnesota. A lot. At our house, we received nearly 20 inches of the fluffy stuff and the drifts were so tall, one ate our grill in the back yard! Our family decided to declare an official snow day and spend the day watching movies, eating snacks, kitty snuggling, and drinking hot cocoa (the older set might have had a splash or two of peppermint schnapps in our cocoa...just sayin'). Due to the lack of anything remotely productive happening in the Bailey house on Saturday, the to-do list awaits us on Sunday. Blah. It turns out that ignoring chores doesn't make them go away. Who knew? I'd much rather lie around and snuggle cats again today.
Why Cat Snuggling is Better than Housework
- Cat fur doesn't give me dishpan hands.
- Arranging a cat in my lap is way easier than folding a fitted sheet.
- It's way easier to focus on eating snacks.
- The purr of a cat sounds more soothing that the roar of the vacuum cleaner.
- Watching my cat "make biscuits" on my leg is so much cuter than scrubbing the biscuit pan.